Can SERVPRO Perform Mold Remediation Behind Bristol Kitchen Cabinets?
SERVPRO Technicians Can Inspect and Mitigation Any Size Mold Damage Issue in Bristol
A Bristol kitchen is a likely place to have a mold damage situation. Due to the amount of plumbing in this home area, a small leak or constant moisture from poor ventilation can lead to an infestation.
Clearing a Bristol kitchen through mold remediation involves several steps homeowners should outsource to professionals. Without steps such as containment and professional antifungal cleaners, the spores can unintentionally spread throughout the home.
Some of the steps necessary for a successful mold damage cleanup involve
- Scoping the property to determine the scale of the damage
- Securing the mitigation area using containment
- Preventative actions to inhibit the return of the problem
Scoping is Vital
The technicians do not rely on visuals alone in a kitchen to ascertain the size of the mold growth. Through years of experience and continuing education, they know that mold can grow and spread behind and under cabinets or within wall cavities. The techs use different types of equipment to locate areas of elevated moisture, which are good prospects for mold colonies.
Securing the Kitchen
The techs take care when working on a mold remediation service and cover vents, doorways, and other areas to ensure that any airborne spores stay within the confines of the kitchen. The techs often combine barriers and equipment such as self-created negative air chambers to port airborne particulates outside the worksite.
Sometimes it is necessary to remove the cabinets to get to the mold growing behind the scenes. The technicians dry the surfaces and then treat them with antimicrobial cleaners and sealants. These actions inhibit the potential for mold to return and set up home again before repairs get made.
Bristol residents trust SERVPRO of Bristol at (860) 582-3330 for their mold remediation services. The certified technicians have extensive knowledge of handling all types of mold damage.