Searching for a Home Mold Damage Remediation Service?
SERVPRO technicians are IICRC certified for any size job. Mold remediation is one of our specialties.
Bristol Homeowners Contact SERVPRO for 24/7 Remediation
Mold exists on some level in all buildings and even in the atmosphere. However, an excess of mold can create structural and property damages that require professional expertise to remediate to a pre-growth condition.
One reason mold remediation in Bristol properties succeeds is that SERVPRO technicians receive extensive training and certification per standards set by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification. This firm’s commitment to education means that technicians, as well as franchise owners and staff, know the ins and outs of residential mold damage remediation.
How Does SERVPRO Equipment Address Mold Damage?
SERVPRO’s cleaning solutions and commercial-grade equipment ensure that homes receive comprehensive mold remediation. Tools available to techs include:
- HEPA-filter air scrubbers to remove fungal spores from contaminated rooms as small as 0.3 microns
- Industrial-grade personal protection equipment (PPE) that is decontaminated per restoration industry standards to halt the spread of mold
- EPA-registered biocides that excel at minimizing mold contamination of structures and their contents
Call SERVPRO of Bristol at (860) 582-3330 for mold damage remediation services.
Can Homeowners Get Fast-Responding Fire Restoration?
Kitchens are a hot spot for fires to start in a home. SERVPRO techs are ready for any size fire restoration job there is.
SERVPRO Emergency Response Teams Offer Fire Restoration
Home fire damage affects an estimated 353,100 homes per year, based on fire department data collected by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). These incidents resulted in over $7 billion worth of property damage each year.
Licensed technicians at SERVPRO offer fire restoration for Burlington homeowners that starts within hours of their call.
Preparing Fire-Damaged Structures for Rebuilding and Repairs
Structural materials, even those not directly exposed to flames, can be heavily impacted by soot and other residues from a home fire.
Affected materials include:
- Wall studs
- Ceiling joists
Technicians implement a broad swathe of techniques to restore these structures, such as:
- Demolishing unsalvageable drywall and insulation to make way for fresh installations
- Vigorously cleaning and sealing studs and joists to minimize stains and charring from fire damage
- Cleaning surface-level stains off of structures with EPA-registered antimicrobials
- Addressing heavier surface staining and residues with abrasion cleaning and alkaline solutions
SERVPRO of Bristol performs rapid-response fire restoration for homeowners who call (860) 582-3330.
Water Mitigation for Burlington Businesses
Water mitigation services for your business should be left to the pros. Call SERVPRO for their expert techs for the job.
SERVPRO of Bristol Provides Commercial Water Mitigation Services
Water damage in businesses can get costly. An untreated faucet leak alone can emit a whopping 250 gallons of water per month, impacting upkeep costs significantly, especially for small business owners. Worse still, winters in Burlington put pipes at risk of freezing and bursting, creating even more costly repair and replacement needs.
SERVPRO can begin water mitigation for Burlington commercial properties within hours of initial franchise contact. This firm is staffed with the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)-certified technicians that use industrial-grade tools and OSHA-approved antimicrobial solutions to prepare spaces for repairs.
Pipe Burst at the Burlington Library and Elsewhere
In early January of 2018, the Burlington Public Library endured damages resulting from a frozen sprinkler pipe that burst in the children’s section of the facility. The pipe was successfully repaired, and the surrounding area was restored. However, the building required several days of closure to perform repairs. A total of 78 books were damaged, and the library backdated returns to avoid accidental late fees.
According to a study of over 400 burst pipe insurance claims by Philadelphia Insurance Companies:
- Sprinkler pipes caused-51% of claims studied
- Sprinkler-related claims were 33% more expensive than domestic pipe failures on average
- Average losses caused by frozen pipes were approximately $27,000, with the most costly claim in the survey generating a whopping $1.7 million in damages
- Damage is more costly for sprinkler failures that occur in multi-story structures, particularly residential facilities and properties that require specialized equipment maintenance and sterile conditions
- The older a building is, the more likely it is to need code updates that can lower the risk of frozen pipes bursting
Tactics businesses can take to safeguard against potential losses include cost-effective measures like:
- Installing leak sensors
- Implementing flow detection and shutoff systems
- Improving heating and insulation on the property, especially in cold and drafty areas
It is imperative for businesses to ensure that their buildings are up to code to avoid costly disasters as much as possible.
How Does SERVPRO Clean Furniture and Fixtures Affected by Burst Pipes?
SERVPRO implements commercial water mitigation with the help of a variety of tools and techniques. A frozen pipe bursting in a restaurant kitchen, for example, can require the following:
- Inspection of floor tiles for signs of damage to the grout
- Extensive water extraction to prepare the damaged area for drying
- Sanitation of surfaces with EPA-registered biocides, including SERVPRO’s proprietary solutions
- Removal of cabinet toe-kicks and wall baseboards for structural drying
Drying commences with the help of centrifugal air movers positioned at 45-degree angles in relation to walls every 10 to 16 linear feet. These devices act in tandem with commercial-grade dehumidifiers to remove moisture from surfaces, pull it into the air, pass that air across refrigerant coils or desiccant materials, and expel dry air that returns humidity to normal levels. Moisture is isolated as condensation and collected for disposal in a treated sewer.
SERVPRO of Bristol can be reached at (860) 582-3330 for commercial water mitigation services.
Flood Damage Protection in Burlington is a Button Press Away
SERVPRO Says--get our ERP Emergency READY Profile App Before You Experience Water Damage to Your Burlington Property
The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile saves time and money when flood damage strikes
As part of our effort to do everything possible to decrease response times and deliver high-quality service, SERVPRO now offers the Emergency READY Profile mobile app to help prepare your home for a future disaster.
The app allows you to contact us about flood damage in Burlington faster than ever before. With the touch of a single button, you can provide our technicians with all the information they need about where the disaster is, how they should approach the situation, and other crucial considerations such as your insurance policy and emergency contacts. We encourage you to upload onto the app, along with any other documents that you may deem useful:
- Blueprints for your home
- Contact lists
- Insurance information
- Item inventories
The faster we can get a crew out to your home, the better. With the Emergency READY Profile app, you gain an edge over everyone else and can be among the first to get help during a major storm.
Call SERVPRO of Bristol the moment your home starts to flood at (860) 582-3330.
Do Not Delay – Call Now for Bristol Water Damage Mitigation
WOW! The SERVPRO Van Is Already at My Water Damaged Bristol Property! We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Water damage restoration requires a lightning-fast response to be effective
Trained and certified mitigation companies like SERVPRO can help to stop further damages from happening and keep repair costs down, but only when called in right away. The faster you contact us, the more we can do for your home.
When you think about the types of treatments common for Bristol water damage mitigation services, it becomes clear why time is of the essence. When done correctly, our first treatments can help us to avoid many other processes later on. Some of our most-used services and equipment include:
- Standing water extraction pumps
- Industrial-strength dehumidifiers
- Anti-mold treatments
A delay in any of these services could have lasting negative impacts on your home. We structure our crews and operational strategies to stay ready to respond to emerging disasters on a 24/7 basis. Even if water damage strikes at the most inopportune time, help from SERVPRO is no more than a couple of hours away.
Call SERVPRO of Bristol as soon as you identify water damage to your home. Contact us at (860) 582-3330.
Our Fire Damage Repair in Bristol Medical Facilities Keeps Doors Open
When the flames in your Bristol home are the real thing--Call SERVPRO for fire damage cleanup.
How Bristol became known as "Mum City"
The annual Chrysanthemum Festival in Bristol can surely be counted among our community's most notable and unique aspects. New and young residents are often unaware of why this event happens here and how long it has gone on. The story of why Bristol is called "Mum City" stretches back over a century.
In 1920, a duo of local businessmen founded the Bristol Nurseries, which would soon become a significant supplier of ornamental plants to corporate developments and wealthy manors from New York to Boston. The nursery found that chrysanthemum flowers, which were always in high demand, grew readily under local conditions. In 1948, an employee bought out the company, and it began to focus solely on the chrysanthemum.
Each year, the nursery attempted to introduce new varieties of the flower and had a spectacular display of thousands of blooms that many locals held dear. By the 1960s, the flowers had so enraptured the people that city planners made official the Chrysanthemum Festival. When the nursery ceased many of its operations a few decades later, the Festival had long since become self-sustaining and an important part of local culture.
Today, the Festival continues, even as city officials try to push a new image and direction for our culture. Perhaps the Mums really are here to stay.
Did you know? Lake Compounce is the oldest amusement park in the country
Most of us who grew up in Bristol remember summers full of roller coaster rides, water park cool-offs, and overpriced junk food. All of this and more has existed at Lake Compounce for longer than anyone can remember: the place seems like it has been there for longer than the town itself.
In fact, Lake Compounce holds the distinction of being the oldest amusement park in America that still operates today. The first "attraction" of the "park" was in 1846 when landowner Gad Norton conducted a large test of experimental explosives on his property. People came from all over to witness the experiment. Soon, acts from across New England would host more shows here, and Norton began to set up more permanent attractions such as watercraft events.
By the 20th century, many rides had been installed at Lake Compounce that were cutting-edge for their day. At one point, the park even hosted a large casino. As time went on, new owners and managers continued to build upon the pieces left in place before them, and Lake Compounce forever became a gem of the region.
24/7 fire damage repair for medical facilities in Bristol
Any business may require fast and professional fire damage repair, but medical facilities in Bristol may have the greatest needs of all. Patients cannot be expected to wait for their essential care while critical restorations are ongoing. SERVPRO understands this and takes many steps to keep your facility running smoothly, such as
- Working after-hours
- Containing immediate repairs to only the most affected rooms
- Creating safe walkways through damaged areas
- Monitoring for potential safety hazards
While not every situation can avoid a temporary closure, our strategy can help you to stay open for as long as possible with the shortest possible delay.
Call SERVPRO of Bristol at (860) 582-3330 for emergency services or a quote.
Start the New Year Peacefully with Sound Healing in Bristol
Don't stress about storm damage! Call SERVPRO!
Relax After the Bristol Seasonal Festivities
Winter can be a fun time with loved ones, but it can also be hectic. If you feel a little stressed this year, you can look forward to starting the New Year on a peaceful footing with some sound healing in nearby Farmington.
- Unwind and listen to the relaxing sounds of singing bowls.
- Enjoy a gentle, guided meditation.
- Group is led by Kelvin Young, a certified Sound Healer, and Daria Davies, a Reiki Master and Spiritual Counselor.
Sound healing sessions occur at the Bridge Healing Arts Center in Farmington on Thursday nights at 7 PM. There is a suggested donation of $5 - $10 per session, and slots must be booked.
You can attend one session or come every week. You will always be very welcome.
Do not let worries about floods and potential damage due to lousy weather disturb your peace. If you need help with floodwater removal, SERVPRO of Bristol is here for you. Call us today at (860) 582-3330.
Fun for All the Family in Bristol With an At-Home Scavenger Hunt
Did you know that Bristol's Library offers a family scavenger hunt?
Enjoy Family Fun from Your Bristol Home
Anyone with kids at home this festive season knows how easy it is for little ones to get bored. Keep them entertained this winter with an at-home scavenger hunt courtesy of Bristol Public Library.
- Join the fun for free.
- Scavenger hunts take place on Zoom so that you can join at home.
- Enjoy some fun competing against other families – the family with the most points wins!
Race around your home to find items that match the descriptions. The scavenger hunt is fun for all ages!
The winter scavenger hunt takes place on December 28 from 6:45 – 7:30 PM. Please contact Bristol Public Library to book your slot. You will be sent an email with a link to the Zoom room and instructions on how to join.
One thing you do not want to find in your home is a fire hazard. If you need help with making your home fire safe or dealing with fire damage, call SERVPRO of Bristol at (860) 582-3330.
Enjoy A Relaxed Pace of Life in Burlington
Burlington has so much to see and do.Look for us on the trails!
Burlington Is Perfect for A Relaxing Rural Break
Burlington is a real gem. This charming little town is easy on the eyes and the perfect place for a lovely rural getaway. With a population of just 9,665, Burlington has a cozy small-town vibe and is easy to explore.
Burlington was originally part of the Farmington plantation. However, in 1785 it separated from the farm and became part of the nearby town of Bristol. Then in 1806, Burlington split off from Bristol and became a town in its own right.
Nowadays, visitors to Burlington love the slower pace of life and easy access to miles of beautiful nature trails.
Get Close to Nature in Burlington
Burlington's rural location at the foot of the Berkshires and right beside the Farmington River make it the perfect location to get out and explore nature. Some unmissable natural beauty spots include:
- Nepaug River runs down to join the Farmington River and is also the Nepaug Dam and Reservoir location, which contains some stunning views. Adventure lovers can enjoy whitewater rafting on the river. The route starts a tenth of a mile from the river, on Dings Road.
- Burlington Fish Hatchery makes a beautiful day excursion for all the family. There is much to see at any time of year, but if you go just before the large specimens are released into the river, you will see plenty of large trout and salmon. You can see young fish at other times of the year and even visit the indoor enclosures where the fish are raised. There is a picnic table but not many other amenities, so be sure to pack a lunch.
- Sessions Wood Wildlife Management Area is the place to stop for education about conservation. The area provides habitats for local wildlife and educates visitors. There is an education center, self-guided interpretive trails, and a backyard wildlife area so kids can learn how to see nature in their backyard. You can also enjoy relaxing walks in the woods.
Have A Wild Forest Adventure with State Park Letterboxing
Letterboxing is a fun activity for all the family. But what exactly is letterboxing, and how do you get started?
Letterboxing is part of the history of Connecticut's majestic State Forests. There are 32 of these forests throughout the state. Some forests are over a hundred years old, while others are less than a decade old. The woods include a wide range of habitats, from managed wildlife areas to soaring hardwood groves. No matter where your location in Connecticut, you are never far from a State Forest.
Letterboxing is a kind of treasure hunt, where you look for small, sealed boxes hidden away. Each box contains a logbook and a unique rubber stamp. You follow a set of clues to find the letterbox. When you find it, you use the stamp to mark your logbook (which you bring with you.) You also use your own logo (also brought with you) to stamp the letterbox record. You then put the letterbox with its seal and logbook back where you found it or somewhere nearby. Remember to hide it well!
To get started with letterboxing, you need three things:
- A personal logbook so you can collect stamps from all the letterboxes you find.
- A unique stamp (you can make or buy these) to stamp the on-site logbook when you find a letterbox.
- A set of hints to lead you to the letterbox. You can print these off online.
Connecticut's Division of Forestry placed the first letterboxes in 2003 to celebrate the State Forest System's Centennial. The letterboxes were a way to get people into the forests to explore and find a connection with the state's wild areas. The scheme was so popular that the Division of Forestry placed a second set of letterboxes in 2005.
Nassahegon State Forest is Burlington's closest letterboxing site. While you are in the forest, you can also enjoy hiking, hunting, and biking. If you decide to try letterboxing for yourself, remember to leave the areas as good or better than you found them and re-wrap the logbook in its plastic bag within the box as not to become wet. Shut the container tightly and head off to find your next treasure! Visit Connecticut's official State website to download some letterboxing clues.
Enjoy Some Fresh Cuisine After Your Forest Adventures
When you are finished exploring the forests and fisheries of Burlington, the town has plenty of restaurants to tempt you.
- Max Pizza 3 is an odd name for a restaurant – but do not let that fool you! This restaurant is one of Burlington's most famous pizza places, offering fresh-made pizza and delicious sides. Everything is made to order, and there is a small sitting area where you can wait for your food.
- Finnegans Tavern is not just for Irish food. Enjoy a home-cooked and hearty meal in relaxed surroundings. The menu has a wide variety of offerings, including traditional Irish food, burgers, and lobster.
- Lemongrass Asian Grill offers authentic Asian food prepared under the watchful eye of its Indonesian owner. Locals love the wide variety, and the hot and sour soup is a particular favorite.
SERVPRO Is on Hand When Flood Damage Hits
Being located near the Farmington River means that Burlington is in danger of flooding. In 1955, the Farmington River floods devastated the Farmington Valley area, destroying many properties and displacing homeowners. Farming land was also severely damaged, and there was a massive rescue effort.
If your home suffers from flood damage, you need a flood damage repair crew that is fast, efficient, and safety conscious.
SERVPRO is Faster To Any Size Disaster. We arrive at your home within four hours of receiving your first call. We start by securing the area and making sure all safety protocols are =followed. Then, we extract as much water as possible. Our technicians know that thorough extraction is vital to successful flood damage mitigation. Extraction means that the drying process goes faster and works better.
We also monitor moisture and humidity levels while we dry your home, textiles, and furnishings to ensure optimum dryness before finishing the project. We aim to clean and mend your belongings if possible and only dispose of them as a last resort, which means you are less likely to lose precious items.
If you need help with flood damage, SERVPRO of Bristol is here for you. Call us today at (860) 582-3330.
Getting into the Holiday Spirit in Bristol
Our crews are Here to Help with water restoration in your home.
Bristol Residents Can Enjoy Yuletide Carols at Whitman Tavern
Farmington’s own Stanley-Whitman House invites guests from Bristol and elsewhere to kick off their winter holiday season with song. The renowned museum and historical center focuses on the cultivation and sharing of local history and education about colonial life in New England’s early years. This live performance features The Connecticut Yuletide Carolers and takes place on Sunday, December 13, from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- This show is the last of the Music in the Tavern Series in 2020
- Your ticket purchase also covers a historic house tour and light refreshments
- Sheet music is available for guests who wish to sing along with the carolers
- Ticket price is $20 for non-members and $15 for members
Like others in the Music in the Tavern Series, the focus of this show is to create a performance that is as authentic and intimate as possible in presentation and implementation for audiences to enjoy.
SERVPRO of Bristol provides IICRC-certified water cleanup and contents restoration for Bristol homes when residents call (860) 582-3330.